Saturday, February 18, 2012

All You Can Eat

Yesterday I had my first day as a substitute since starting as a student teacher.  It felt weird going from 93 minute classes of 15-20 students who all respect me, to 40 minute classes of 35 students who had no respect for me at all.  Still, the day wasn't too bad, and I did speak to the principal, as I'm in the process of trying to get an actual job.


Last night, I was invited to the premiere of Wooly Mammoth's play "Civilization: All You Can Eat" (logo above).  Interesting play about consumerism and capitalism, though it did start slowly.  I enjoy going to these premieres (though I have to change my name to "plus one") with Rachel, and it's fun to talk to the director and actors after the show.  Now, I'm in Luray, Virginia on a church retreat with Rachel and about 20 other people our age.  More details on that to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment